Take Part in the MakingItWork Survey
- By Amsa Yaro
What skills do you need to succeed as a cultural worker? What kind of training will help you get there?
WorkInCulture and Nordicity have collaborated to create the “MakingItWork” survey to build a deeper understanding of what careers (and workplaces) look like in Ontario’s creative community. This survey takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. You can also share it with your friends, colleagues and networks!
The MakingItWork survey is open to Ontario’s creative community as a whole, including the arts, cultural industries, heritage and library sectors. This includes:
- Individual artists;
- Cultural workers (whether you are self-employed or working for an organization);
- Not-for-profit organizations serving the creative community, including arts service organizations, membership-based organizations, trade associations, etc;
- The cultural industries, including record labels and music publishers, book and magazine publishers, film & television production companies, game studios, etc;
- Heritage institutions, including museums, natural heritage sites, as well as their employees and professionals in the field (archaeologists, for example); and,
- Ontario’s public library system and their employees.
By participating in MakingItWork and sharing your story, you are helping WorkInCulture collect the data that will help build better programming and supports for you and the sector. Also, you will have the opportunity to enter into a draw to win a pair of tickets to the Creative Works Conference in Toronto on May 10, 2019.
- Filed Under:
- London Music Office