MusicOntario is pleased to be returning to Kansas City this February 1-5, 2023 to host their seventh annual private showcase suite at Folk Alliance International 2023, the world’s largest gathering of the folk music industry and community (crossing a diverse array of genres including Blues, Bluegrass, Roots, Celtic, Cajun, Appalachian, Traditional, World, and Singer-Songwriter), boasting a comprehensive conference, custom business opportunities and hundreds of showcasing opportunities.
MusicOntario creates this opportunity to support Ontario-based artists and companies in their export, touring, and professional strategies. They welcome applications from any tradition and iteration of folk music. MusicOntario is in partnership with LMO to host private showcases, and applications for London artists are free. Please keep in mind that:
- You must be an Ontario-based artist to be eligible.
- MusicOntario members in good standing receive a stipend for their performance.
- Showcases are brief – 20 minutes each, with 10 minutes to change over.
- Showcases take place in suites in the host hotel, so you must have an acoustic configuration, with only light percussion/amplification permitted.
- MusicOntario will provide a sound technician for performers to use.
- In order to perform, you must be registered with the Folk Alliance International conference – click here for rates
- We suggest you start exploring funding/grant opportunities ASAP if you hope to offset costs related to attending a business and showcase conference like Folk Alliance.
- A non-refundable administrative fee of $10.00 per submission is applicable if you are not a current member in good standing of MusicOntario, CIMA, or Folk Music Ontario. Members are invited to apply for free.
Application deadline is November 25, 2022.
The Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) will be sponsoring a select number of artists in the MusicOntario showcasing room this year at Folk Alliance. The criteria to be eligible for this opportunity is:
You must be a CIMA member in good standing based in Ontario representing an Ontario based or non-Ontario based artist OR a CIMA member in good standing based outside of Ontario who represents an Ontario artist.
All applications will be reviewed by our independent Talent Committee. We appreciate all submissions, however, for administrative purposes, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Follow Us @ldnmusicoffice
Tomorrow we’re excited to host a great panel @tapcreativityon in partnership with @CMincubator called #MusicTalks:… https://t.co/LnoHFFXmQ0
Another incredible day at the London Music Accelerator led by CMI. The support for these artists entrepreneurs has… https://t.co/M0E0ghCXUz
We partnered with @thegrandlondon & @tourism_london to bring you the East Coast Kitchen Party Join for a night of u… https://t.co/C1J7k8LNjR
📰Attention! The London Music Office Newsletter is out! 🎶Take in all the content happening for the rest of March he… https://t.co/Wk99vx7BPb
Special thanks to @LdnOntChamber, the CEO will explore London's City of Music journey to date. How the vision start… https://t.co/G9defpv3qE
⏳Just over 10 days until communities across #Ontario gather in #LdnOnt to discuss how #Music positively impacts a c… https://t.co/N4sjwYN0it
Today we're releasing all the panelists! Which one is your favourite? Thanks to @LdnArtsCouncil @CityofLdnOnt… https://t.co/7O1hFCRo3r
Today we're releasing all the panelists! Which one is your favourite? Thanks to @LdnArtsCouncil @CityofLdnOnt… https://t.co/HocXvBjuPX
Today we're releasing all the panelists! Which one is your favourite? Thanks to @LdnArtsCouncil @CityofLdnOnt… https://t.co/Xgb7xTEDdD
Great discussions underway as @CMincubator discussion revenue streams for artist entrepreneurs. CMI is… https://t.co/TRGdm4VHdY